Monday, October 13, 2008

Bye Week for Everyone

The Steelers had a bye week, and we did too. One of my friends got married, so I got to spend the weekend in a hotel room with cable watching football. It was awesome.

Yes, I know we didn't get up a preview for the week, but given my power rankings last week, it probably would have been a joke anyways.

Proof I don't know as much as I thought I did:

On Washington: "Of all the teams left on our schedule, I think Washington scares me the most...We ain't seen nothin yet."
On St. Louis: "This is the worst team in the league."

St. Louis 19, Washington 17

On Carolina: "Jonathan Stewart is the real deal...their two-RB style is working out. With Steve Smith back in the lineup, the offense is starting to hit its stride"

Tampa Bay 27, Carolina 3

Why you should keep reading this blog:

From last week's rundown:
On Baltimore: "Their offense needs to produce more than 10 points, even against a good defense. Their offense is 27th in scoring, 31st in passing, and 24th in total offense. Not the rankings of a playoff contender."

Indianapolis 31, Baltimore 3

On Seattle: "How bad is the Seahawks defense?"

Green Bay 27, Seattle 17

On Minnesota: "AP didn't really show up against a bad run defense [New Orleans]."

Minnesota 12, Detroit 10
Peterson: 2 fumbles, 0 TDs
(Okay, he did have 111 yards rushing, but the other stats are a little more concerning)

The Giants have a chance to either prove me a fool or a genius tonight.

Saturday night was a great night for sports. I was flipping between Penn State crushing Wisconsin, Chase Daniel coughing up his Heisman hopes against Oklahoma State, the Pens forgetting how to play hockey, and Tampa and Boston having a ballpark shootout. The Rays give me hope that the Pirates could be good again some day.

Go Rays.

With our game against Cincy coming up this week, I get to use my favorite picture plenty of times.



Go Steelers.

No comments: