Friday, April 26, 2013

Steelers Draft Jarvis Jones with 17th Overall Pick

On New Year's Day I was watching the Capital One Bowl with my dad. Two days before the Steelers 2012 season had ended. He asked me what I thought about the draft. Jarvis Jones made a play. I commented that the draft was deep on pass rushers, and I would love a guy like Jones, but he would probably be a top five pick.

Fast forward four months. The Steelers ran to the podium to hand in their card and select Jarvis Jones with the 17th overall pick in the 2013 draft.


Draft Breakdown has 12 game tapes of Jones from the last two years. Check them out.

Jones continues the Colbert tradition that I detailed earlier this week of selecting players from major conferences that played on successful college teams. Jones is the 13th first round pick in Colbert's 14 years that has come from a BCS Automatic Qualifier conference (Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big XII, Pac 12, Big East). Jones is the 12th first round pick from a team that finished the season ranked in the final AP Poll.

 You can follow Jones on Twitter @SacManJones_29.

The Steelers have the #48 overall pick (16th pick of the second round) and #79 overall pick (17th pick of the third round) tomorrow night.

No comments: